Career Counseling Service
Our Career Counseling Service is designed to help you with choosing, changing, or leaving a career and is available at any stage in life. One's career is often one of the most important aspects of adulthood, and embarking on a new career, whether for the first time, the second time, or any time thereafter, can be a stressful event.
If you are confused about which stream to take after 10th grade, or what and how to apply to universities, if you’re a freshman at university and unsure about your major, if you’re confused about graduate studies or even if you’re in an established career and you are rethinking; Career Counseling at Wellbeing Center can provide you with the appropriate answers and guidance.
Career Counseling can help you to:
- Discover what you want in your career.
- Take action to develop your abilities.
- Choose a program of studies that fits your interest AND abilities.
- Create a plan to finish school while developing the skills that companies want.
- Evaluate different companies and professional settings.
- Determine which workplace fits your personality.
- Write a successful resume to get the job you want.
- Learn to sell yourself in job interviews.
- Land your first job.
- Be confident in your work environment.
- Learn skills your boss will appreciate.
- Develop time management and organizational skills.
- Choose short and long terms goals.
- Build on your talents and abilities to advance your career.
- Prepare for a promotion or a new challenge.
- Overcome workplace obstacles.
- Practice for a successful job interview.
- Evaluate various professional opportunities.
- Identify short term and long term goals.
- Design an action plan to achieve what you want.
Career Counseling Services at Wellbeing center will assist you in your transition from college studies onto your degree completion and career pathway. There are many sources of information and our doors are open to you as you embark on planning your future; whether that takes you immediately into your field of work or on to further study.