Integrative oncology focuses on the interplay between the tumor and its immediate biochemical environment within the body, often referred as “the terrain.” For almost any chronic disease, inflammation is at the root. “Most cancer starts by the age of 20.” As the body ages, toxic exposures mount and genetic damage accrues. Depending on inflammation and the overall condition of a person’s terrain, that deterioration may eventually result in a life-threatening cancer, perhaps many years or decades later.
Integrative-oncology strategies: nutrition, exercise, stress management and targeted supplements can reduce inflammation and boost immunity, which can reduce the risk of relapse.
The goals of Integrative Oncology:
- Help to decrease the side effects of conventional cancer treatment
- Improving energy, well-being and overall quality of life
- Balance and support of the body’s immune system
- Providing insight and strategies for cancer prevention and health maintenance
- Supporting the mind, body and spirit in the healing process
The following modalities may be implemented in an “individualized treatment plan”:
- Nutrition and lifestyle counselling
- Botanical or herbal medicine
- Homeopathic medicine
- Traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture
At Wellbeing Center, patients are treated with a tailored program that includes therapeutic nutrition, exercise, mind-body-spirit care, hypnotherapy, meditation, guided imagery, applied kinesiology, family therapy, aromatherapy and a variety of emerging anti-tumor therapies.
We customize a nutrition plan based on each individual’s cancer profile, lab tests and biomarkers of survival.
Our Integrative medicine approach also includes the CBTH4 Fatigue by Icahn School of Medicine, New York, having received their certification.